If you have legal status in the UK or are a British citizen and are 18 years old or above, your sister, brother, child, parent, grandfather or grandmother in need of long-term care may be eligible to apply for a settlement visa from outside the UK to come and live with you here on a permanent basis.
They must prove that:
- They need long-term care to do everyday personal and household tasks because of illness, disability or their age; and
- the care they need is not available or affordable in the country they live in; and
- you will be able to support, accommodate and care for them without claiming public funds for at least 5 years.
If their application is successful, they will be able to stay in the UK:
- permanently, if you are a British citizen or settled in the UK;
- as long as you stay in the UK, if you have refugee or humanitarian protection status in the UK.