You can apply for a Family Visa as a child if at least one of your parents is settled in the UK.
If you were born in the UK, you will get the same permission to stay as your parents and you can either be added as a dependant to your parent’s next application or apply separately using:
- Form FLR(M): if your parent has permission to stay in the UK as a partner settling in 2 or 5 years; or
- Form FLR(FP): if your parent has permission to stay in the UK as a partner settling in 10 years, or as a parent settling in 5 or 10 years, or on the basis of their private life (10 years route).
If you were born outside the UK, you may apply under different circumstances depending on your age:
- If you are under 18 years old, you must:
- Not be married, in a civil partnership or living an independent life; and
- Be financially supported without claiming public funds; and
- One of your parents must also be applying or have applied for a visa or to extend their permission to stay as a:
- partner – and the partner they’re joining is your other parent
- parent – and they have sole parental responsibility for you.
- If you are over 18 years old, you can only apply if:
- You got permission to stay in the UK on a family visa when you were under 18; and
- You don’t live an independent life (e.g. you have not left home, have not got married and had children).